Plastic garden furniture is one of the most popular options for your outdoor patio, as it is distinguished by an affordable price and lots of different styles. It can be one piece, fold-out and dismountable – the choice depends on the purpose of use and available space for storage of such furniture.
Benefits of backyard furniture made from plastic
- Low price;
- Lightweight, which greatly simplifies the transportation;
- Huge assortment. You can find both the simplest plastic patio chairs and the ones that imitate a wood, a rod, and even antiques. Additionally, it is necessary to note the transparent polycarbonate furniture. It will look luxury, and it is very modern, stylish and a great option for gardens in minimalistic style;
- Ease of maintenance. To clean the furniture it is enough to wash it with water and allow to dry.
Disadvantages of plastic furniture
- The material is not sunlight resistant what leads to quick colors’ fading, so it is desirable to use plastic furniture in the shade of trees or in arbors.
- It is subject to the quick appearing of scratches while using, which reduces its aesthetics attractiveness.
- Low durability.
- Outdoor table and chairs will have to be stored indoors for the winter period.
- Almost complete irreparability, because it is almost impossible to fix a broken chair leg or damaged plastic countertop.
Various types of plastic are used for making tables, chairs, deckchairs, benches and other elements of garden furniture. Outdoor patio furniture cushions are the best ways to improve the appearance and comfort of plastic.
Plastic furniture for patio can be divided into two subspecies: made from ordinary smooth plastic and imitating aesthetically more attractive materials (most often – wood or rattan) in color and texture. The shape of the models produced today varies from deliberately rectangular to the most bizarre.
The same goes for through-cuts and holes on the backs and seats of plastic furniture. This allows you to easily issue a garden rest area for any tastes and demands.
Manufactured by modern technology, artificial rattan cannot always be easily distinguished from the natural one, although the furniture made from it is somewhat less strong than the one from the natural lianas (in this sense, a real rattan is much harder to surpass).
However, considering that artificial rattan has a metal core, on which plastic is curled, products from it are more than reliable for your needs.