The main goal of any landscape design is to achieve harmony with the surrounding world. Knowing the type of landscape with its inherent plants will save time and money for a beginner designer helping to choose the most suitable garden ideas.
Main landscape types
- The classic style implies the presence of a large area. Symmetrical plantations, geometric figures of flower bed, fancifully trimmed hedges, ideally straight paths create the impression of grand royal parks.
- Landscape design aspires to approach to wild nature as much as possible. A chaotic, unsystematic, at first sight, plantations of trees and shrubs, the tangled paths leading to thickets; small lawn alternate with lush flower beds.
- The eastern type is created for appeasement and contemplation: evergreen perennials, decorated with the beauty of natural stone, snugly fit on a small piece of land. Miniature waterfalls and fountains help to think about the meaning of life.
- Mediterranean view excites with the splendor of flowering trees and bushes. Bright flower beds complement the flight of fantasy of the human enjoying life.
Coniferous plants for landscape design are a wonderful choice: fir, juniper, pine, spruce, cedar, thuja. The yard, planted with coniferous trees, looks fine at any time of year, under different weather conditions.
However, by placing the most prevalent сoniferous plants on the territory of the yard, it is necessary to remember what sizes young plants can reach after several years. It is advisable to choose trees with a long period of growth or dwarfish.
Juniper, thuja, and larch easily tolerate pruning, stripped amazing shapes, capable of decorating the design of any garden.
The pride of any landscape is the Alpine Garden, which reflects the world around in miniature. Picking up plants, you should follow certain rules:
- plants must not require constant care;
- choose plants that are compatible with each other;
- the design of the garden should bring joy and peace at any time of the year;
- the preference for planting on the rock garden is given to stunted, dwarfish, creeping, ground cover plants with a long period of growth.
It is desirable that the main part is perennials. Annual flowers are able to revive the stone beauty of the rock garden with their bright spots.
An integrated approach to the landscaping of recreational areas allows us to achieve and feel the harmony between human and nature.