It is not a secret that the appearance of any room always rides on the color palette you select when creating a particular interior design. The bathroom is not an exception hence when doing your huge bathroom makeover, consider the color of such things as tubs, cabinets, and rugs.
In fact, yellow is considered one of the best colors to suit the bathroom decor of any dimensions. Furthermore, the yellow color is the one that provides a huge range of shades you can personally go for. Therefore this color perfectly suits any interior style. What are the best bathroom ideas for the cozy yellow bathroom we can offer you today?
Yellow bathroom with retro vibes
In truth, mustard yellow was a very popular color shade between the 1940s and sixties of the previous century. Usually, the old tiles of mustard yellow color extend and can make the bathroom look smaller. To be able to achieve the real retro look and make the bathroom spacious, here are some useful recommendations:
- paint the walls that are above the tiles white;
- consider white sinks and bath;
- lighten the entire space;
- go for light shades of such colors as blue and green.
Mixing two colors together: yellow and blue bathroom
The combination of two opposite colors, the contract, always catches your eye and creates a unique interior design look. Here are some tips and recommendations you can follow for creating a bathroom in yellow and blue shades:
- paint your walls yellow to create a sunny, energetic look but the opposite color you will apply should be blue;
- instead of painting the walls, you could also purchase two-color wallpapers that can also come with floral or vintage patterns, always welcomed in the bathroom;
- in order to balance the bathroom, find the curtains for your window (if you have any) of the correct accent palette;
- add covered lights of warm white color.
When we consider yellow as a color that we can use for our bathroom makeover, we think about the bright shades of this color. However, don’t forget about the darker motives. Some of them may look a little bit green or even gray but they look more natural than bright yellow.
If you make a decision to color bathroom walls in dark yellow shades, make sure to avoid having yellow flooring or ceiling. Also, don’t forget about the decor details. Dark yellow shades welcome all the patterns, as well as natural elements. In order to avoid creating a dark cave instead of the cozy bathroom, the place where you can relax after a long day, install a good warm lighting.